Tenure and Promotion Procedures
It is important that you note two changes instituted this year for the preparation submission of the T&P dossiers. First, the College of Arts and Sciences has adopted a standard format for the preparation of CVs. The format is to be found among the attached links:
- College of Arts and Sciences CV format
- University OP Manual 32.01
- University OP Manual 32.01A
- The Texas Tech University Promotion and Tenure Policy
- College of Arts and Sciences Guidelines for Tenure and Promotion
- College of Arts and Sciences Tenure and Promotion Dossier Format
Second, the Provost has requested that dossiers forwarded to his office be prepared in PDF format. The College has followed suit, and has adopted a similar procedure (see below). We are awaiting the finalization of any format changes that may affect the preparation of the dossiers at the department level, and we will update our web-site materials on these matters as soon as possible. Please ignore previous instructions, including those on the web, that deal with “five unbound copies,” “ one tabbed, three-ring binder bound version,” etc.]
Here are the copying and submission instructions to be followed this year (FALL, 2010):
- Prepare one paper version of the original dossier This version, including appendices, is to be prepared according to the “General Outline of Dossier Format” as described in the “College of Arts and Sciences Tenure and Promotion Dossier Format.” The dossier original is to follow precisely the format given on the first page.
- Next, prepare a PDF version of this original dossier, including appendices. This PDF file will be made available to the Dean and members of the College of Arts and Sciences T&P Committee.
- Prepare another PDF version of the dossier that DOES NOT contain the appendices. This version will be forwarded ultimately to the Provost’s office.
- If you have any difficulties or hardships associated with creating the PDF files, please let me know and the College will assist.
Thus, the following are to be forwarded to the Dean’s Office (c/o Phil Marshall) by THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21st.
- The complete paper original of the dossier.
A CD containing the two PDF files described above. The files should be labeled as: "[Surname], [First Name]. [Name of Department]."
- "Complete (or Provost’s) Version"
- "[Surname], [First Name]. [Name of Department]."